Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Books I am currently "reading":

Hush Hush (Becca Fitzpatrick)

Really not enjoying this one, but I am trying to force myself to finish it. 

Gravity (Melissa West)

I started it, got annoyed with less-than-intelligent characters and quite frankly was bored.  I'll finish it at some point, but I have zero legitimate desire to do so.  The hook is awesome though, I love the idea, but I wish the character's actions made more sense. 

Tiger's Curse (Colleen Houck)

I love the idea of the story (man cursed to be a tiger) but I wish the writing was better and less juvenile.  I realize that it is a YA book, but I still expected better writing quality, especially with such a beautiful cover!



Is anyone having better luck than me?  Please recommend something!  I need to break out of this reading funk. 

 

2 comments:

  1. Gah! The dreaded reading slump, when everything is just meh! I really hate when that happens. Just finished The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa -- I highly recommend anything by her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard great things about the Iron Fey series, hopefully they will be able to break through this slump! Thanks for the recommendation :).

      Delete